Almond Rice Stuffing for Poultry
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook almonds in the butter until they are golden brown.
- Add apple, onion, celery, dried cranberries (raisins can be substituted, if desired) and seasonings to the skillet and cook until the veggies are tender crisp.
- Stir in cooked rice and continue to cook the mixture until it is thoroughly heated.
- Can be used to stuff poultry, or baked (tightly covered) in a casserole dish at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Note: to do a large turkey, it is recommended that you double the recipe.