Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Untried by me; submitted on behalf of a request for stuffings made without bread.
Make and share this Almond Rice Stuffing for Poultry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tart red apple, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (preferably cooked in chicken broth)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook almonds in the butter until they are golden brown.
- Add apple, onion, celery, dried cranberries (raisins can be substituted, if desired) and seasonings to the skillet and cook until the veggies are tender crisp.
- Stir in cooked rice and continue to cook the mixture until it is thoroughly heated.
- Can be used to stuff poultry, or baked (tightly covered) in a casserole dish at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Note: to do a large turkey, it is recommended that you double the recipe.