Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I made this for dessert this weekend and it was great (i was trying to use up some dried cherries). It's also pretty healthy!
- 1 1⁄3 cups nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup honey (i used the honey)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups short-grain cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with lid (or use individual ramekins).
- Combine milk, almond extract, eggs, sugar, salt, butter and lemon juice.
- Beat well.
- Add cherries and rice; stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Cover and bake until set, about 45-50 minutes.
Just finished this & it was so yum! I needed a recipe for dried cherries & I had some leftover cooked rice in the fridge, however I didn't have any almond essence, so I substituted vanilla essence. Before cooking I sprinkled with slivered almonds & cinnamon ~ it turned out perfect. So quick & easy, will definetly make again!
This is very good! I prefer the creamy type of rice pudding, but love the lower fat in this recipe!