Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Weight Watchers did it again. I've never made Rice pudding before and this was WONDERFUL. Serving size is 1/8 of tart. 3 WW points per serving
- Coat bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Spread toasted almonds in a single layer in bottom of pan.
- Set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat milk to boiling.
- Stir in rice, cinnamon and salt.
- Reduce to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Add sugar and almond extract and cook, stirring often, 12 to 15 minutes longer or until rice is cooked through and mixture is thick.
- Gently spoon rice mixture into pan and spread evenly, keeping almonds intact on bottom.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate just until firm, about 40 minutes.
- To serve, remove sides of pan and invert tart onto serving plate.
- Lift off bottom of pan (almonds will now be imbedded on top of tart).
- Garnish with fresh cherries and serve.
I couldn't get the tart to come out of the pan. So I just cut it and served it the way it was. Nice mild flavor. Just what I was craving.