Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I am a huge fan of rice pudding and am constantly looking for my favorite one. I haven't found it yet, so maybe this is it.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain rice, rinsed
- orange rind, 3 inch piece
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ground blanched almond
- 2 egg yolks, well beaten
- ground cinnamon (to garnish)
- Combine the water, rice, orange rind, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Discard the orange rind and add the milk, sugar, and almonds.
- Cook uncovered over low heat until the milk has been absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in the egg yolks and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish or individual bowls or cups.
- Serve warm, chilled, or at room temperature, garnished with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
REALLY REALLY GOOD! Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will be making it again!