Recipe by Cilantro in Canada
This recipe comes from delectableplanet.com. I was searching for an alternative to store bought non dairy milks and found this. It can be made either in a soy milk maker( I use the soy quick) or on the stove top. I have not tried the stove top method so cannot advise on the results. I was specifically looking for something that would be good for baking and in my coffee. This fits the bill for us. Hope you enjoy.
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons brown rice (I use basmati)
- 1 tablespoon steel cut oats
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover almonds, rice and oats with water by at least 1-2 inches.
- Soak for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse.
- Fill soy milk maker to top fill line.
- Add rinsed almond mixture to pot.
- Attach lid and select soymilk option.
- When the soy milk machine has completed the cycle, strain milk through a fine mesh strainer.
- At this point I let the milk cool, then add to the blender( I use a Vitamix).
- Add brown sugar, vanilla and salt to blender and process.
- The Delectable Planet website says this will kep for a week in the fridge.