Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice gift idea from Home Cooking.
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 5 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 14 chicken bouillon cubes
- 7 cups rice
- Add all ingredients, mixed, cubes on top.
- To prepare bring 1 cup ingredients to a boil with 2 cups water, 2 cubes and 1 tbsp butter; simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Chia, I just love this mix! It looks so pretty I put it all in a glass air-tight canister on my counter top and will use it when rice is desired to complement a meal. I left out the slivered almonds and the chicken bouillon to the mix and will add as prepared. I prepared 1 portion last night and the rice is excellent! So much flavor and pretty to boot! Thank you for sharing this recipe, Chia!
A great gift idea, and the rice is DELICIOUS! I only had enough almonds on-hand to make 1/7th of the recipe ~ the photos show the ingredients measured out, and how they fit nicely into a gift jar. I prepared the rice and served it with roasted fresh asparagus and balsamic glazed pork chops. Made for Spring PAC 2009 ~ Thanks chia!
Vary tasty rice mix. Halved the recipe, and used bouillon powder instead of cubes, but otherwise made as written. I find the dill makes this rice especially nice with fish dishes. Thanks, Chia