Vegetarian Cooking for Dummies.
Make and share this Almond Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked brown rice (or about 5 cups cooked rice)
- 3 3⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 2⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in large skillet and cook celery, onions, pepper, mushrooms and parsley over med heat until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in remaining seasonings.
- Add the uncooked rice and cook for several minutes, mixing well. Transfer the ingredients to a lightly oiled 3-qt casserole. If usng precooked rice, add it in this step.
- Add broth and half of the alomds. Stir until ingredients are well combined.
- Top with remaining almonds and bake, covered, for one hour or until rice is soft and liquid has been absorbed.