Recipe by Scandigirl
I make this recipe over and over again as friends and family are enjoying it so much. Hope you will too!
Top Review by Shannon Cooks
This rice made a lovely side dish. Very savory and flavorful. I will definitely make this again! Thanks for posting. (P.S. I used 2/3 cups rice and 1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves...I think 14 teaspoons of oregano and 2 1/3 cups rice might be a typo?)
- 1 1⁄3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dry parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 1⁄3 cups long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first four ingredients in a saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil and stir rice and butter.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork.
- Gently toss in toasted almonds and serve.