Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
A lovely little rice recipe ideal with milk curries such as Korma. From curryfrenzy.com
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 5 bay leaves
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 600 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Basmati rice must be used for this recipe.
- Salt the water in a large pan, bring to the boil and add the basmati rice, turmeric, bay leaves and cardamoms.
- Cook for 8 minutes, drain and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion until translucent.
- Stir in the rice, raisins and almonds, and stir fry until piping hot.
- Serve garnished with the flaked almonds.