Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is great along side pork chops or ham, with a fruited sauce.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds
- 14.79 ml almond liqueur or 14.79 ml almond extract
- 473.18 ml cooked rice
- 59.14 ml green onion, minced
- Heat oil in skillet; add almonds and saut0233 just until golden.
- Add liqueur and rice to skillet. Stir until heated. Add onions; stir to mix well.
I love the flavor of this - it's very nutty and slightly sweet from the Amaretto. It worked well with spicy shrimp. I'm glad to have this in my cookbooks, I will be making this again.
This was so easily prepared and I enjoyed the delicate nutty flavour. We eat a lot of rice and its always good to find a new twist on an old favourite!
Thank you, Vicky, this was made in loving memory, gone too soon, always missed.
Very good! I thought the almond flavor would be overpowering, so I used less almond extract, and it was perfect.