Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
This dessert is so easy to make and is delicious with a scoop of ice cream! If you don’t have rhubarb, you can also use apples or berries.
- 3 cups rhubarb, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar crystals
- 1 cup almond meal (or almond slices ground in food processor)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil, for coating the pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Oil a 9-inch (21 cm) round baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, place sliced rhubarb, lime or lemon juice and 3 Tbsp sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, place all the dry ingredients from almond meal to salt and mix.
- Add wet ingredients from sour cream or yogurt to almond extract and mix.
- Fold in the rhubarb mixture and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into the round baking pan and top with almond slices.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When the cake is no longer hot, remove it from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Infuse love, slice and serve with a scoop of ice cream (if you wish)!