Recipe by byZula
This dough may be kept refrigerated about 2 weeks or frozen for later use. (The prep time does not include the chilling time and the yield is just an approx. number since it depends on how thick you slice the cookies.)
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Dissolve soda in sour cream.
- Sift flour, salt, cloves and nutmeg together. Add dry ingredients gradually to sour cream, mixing after each addition.
- Add almonds form logs of dough about 2 inch in diameter.
- Wrap rolls in waxed paper and chill overnight, or atleast a few hours.
- When ready to bake, cut into 1/4 inch slices and bake in preheated oven at 400~F for 12 minutes or until golden brown.