Recipe by wicked cook 46
This is from the almond board and I have not tried it yet. Cook time is chill time
Top Review by Outta Here
This is wonderful! I used a red tea that was cinnamon and orange flavored. I had no problems with lumps. I used unsweetened almond milk. I topped each with 3 whole, natural almonds (which I forgot to put on before the photo) :) This will be made again! Thanks for posting.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 red tea bags
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel (orange part only)
- whole almond (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bring almond milk to a boil; steep tea 4-5 minutes or until a desired tea flavor is reached.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, whites, sugar and salt in a medium bowl until blended. Very gradually whisk hot milk mixture into egg mixture and stir until sugar is dissolved. If lumps appear, strain mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl or pitcher. Stir in orange zest.
- Divide mixture between 6 ramekins or tea cups and bake in a water bath until set but still a bit jiggly when shaken, 50-60 minutes. Let cool, then wrap and chill for at least 4 hours. Garnish with almonds and serve.