Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from a recipe on Everyday Food on PBS.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1.23 ml lemon extract
- 354.88 ml flour
- 3.69 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 177.44 ml sliced almonds
- 118.29 ml raspberry preserves
- In electric mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and sugar until light, then beat in egg yolk and lemon extract.
- Measure flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder into a small bowl and stir to mix, then mix into the butter mixture.
- Stir in almonds until well mixed and crumbly.
- Grease an 8 inch square baking dish with butter, then pat half of the dough into bottom of dish.
- Measure preserves into a small dish and stir until it is of an easy spreading consistency; dump onto middle of dough in pan and spread as evenly as possible to 1/4 inch of sides of pan.
- Crumble remaining dough evenly over top, all the way to sides, then press lightly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes in a preheated 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven.
- Remove from oven and cool completely if you can wait that long, then cut into sixteen squares.