Adapted from a recipe on Everyday Food on PBS.
Make and share this Almond Raspberry Squares recipe from Food.com.
- In electric mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and sugar until light, then beat in egg yolk and lemon extract.
- Measure flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder into a small bowl and stir to mix, then mix into the butter mixture.
- Stir in almonds until well mixed and crumbly.
- Grease an 8 inch square baking dish with butter, then pat half of the dough into bottom of dish.
- Measure preserves into a small dish and stir until it is of an easy spreading consistency; dump onto middle of dough in pan and spread as evenly as possible to 1/4 inch of sides of pan.
- Crumble remaining dough evenly over top, all the way to sides, then press lightly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes in a preheated 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven.
- Remove from oven and cool completely if you can wait that long, then cut into sixteen squares.