1/6 Photos of Almond Raspberry Squares
Adapted from a recipe on Everyday Food on PBS.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In electric mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and sugar until light, then beat in egg yolk and lemon extract.
- 2Measure flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder into a small bowl and stir to mix, then mix into the butter mixture.
- 3Stir in almonds until well mixed and crumbly.
- 4Grease an 8 inch square baking dish with butter, then pat half of the dough into bottom of dish.
- 5Measure preserves into a small dish and stir until it is of an easy spreading consistency; dump onto middle of dough in pan and spread as evenly as possible to 1/4 inch of sides of pan.
- 6Crumble remaining dough evenly over top, all the way to sides, then press lightly.
- 7Bake for about 30 minutes in a preheated 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven.
- 8Remove from oven and cool completely if you can wait that long, then cut into sixteen squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Raspberry Squares
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.6
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 142.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 4.7 g