Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 125 (4 ounce) g butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry jam (or other)
- 250 (8 ounce) g ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- Topping: In a bowl, combine together almonds, sugar, eggs and rum.
- Place this into a piping bag fitted with a large fluted tube.
- Keep aside.
- Base: Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- In a bowl, sift flour and salt.
- Stir in butter mixture.
- Add lemon juice and rind, stir until combined.
- Roll this out between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper to a 9" square.
- Place on oven tray.
- Prick all over with fork.
- Bake in moderate oven 10 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and spread the jam onto it.
- Pipe the topping over jam in lines 1 cm (1/2") apart.
- Return to oven and bake a further 10 minutes.
- Remove and cut into fingers while still warm.