Recipe by Engrossed
From: "The Art of South American Cookery" by Myra Waldo, 1961ed. Posted for Zaar World Tour 4. I think some orange zest and vanilla would be good in this also.
Top Review by luvinlif2k
This had an awesome flavor. With my next try I may try to replace some sugar with Splenda to lower the sugar content. If that works this would ease my conscience for eating so much as it would be more diabetic friendly. Thanks for a keeper. Reviewed for ZWT4.
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry or 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups light cream
- 2 cups blanched almonds, finely ground or 2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- whipped cream, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Soak the raisins in the sherry or orange juice for 20 minutes; drain.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl; gradually beat in the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in cream, then almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and raisins.
- Spoon into 6 buttered custard cups or ramekins.
- Set in a pan of warm water; bake for 25 minutes, or until set and lightly browned on top.
- Serve warm or ice cold, with whipped cream, if desired.