Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The title more or less says it all...I got tired of my other granola so I decided to switch up a few things, and I definitely like this modified version better.
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss the almonds, oats, bran, and cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, molasses, oil, and syrup over medium heat.
- Warm and stir until the mixture begins to foam, then QUICKLY remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over the nuts and grains and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the granola into a large, rimmed baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10, until everything is nice and toasted.
- Allow the mixture to cool before adding in the raisins.
- Once throroughly cooled, this granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month-- but it will probably disappear long before then!
This is a tough one for me to rate. Good flavor and really easy to make. But not as "clumpy" as we like our granola to be. My husband (the one I really made it for) said it was fine though not his favorite. But my 4 year old keeps running around the house asking for it! So I'd give it a 4 from dh and a 5+ from dd, so I'll just give it a 5! Because I have a ton of sliced almonds (close to 10 pounds) in my freezer I used those instead of whole. And I was running out of oat bran so I finished the measuring cup with some brown rice cereal. Otherwise I left the recipe as written. Thanks for a yummy one to try!