Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These almond and pumpkin muffins are also one of my husbands favorite tasty treats! Try it out for yourself!
- 1⁄3 cup margarine (reduced calorie)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light molasses
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Cream together margarine, sugar, and molasses. Add egg whites and pumpkin.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Add almonds.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Combine struesel topping ingredients, cutting in margarine until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle struesel topping over muffin batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.