Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a neat little recipe I found in a lower carb cookbook. These are soft little puffs with a light and crispy bottom. Don't make the mistake my 4 year old did, though. The batter is awful! Wait until they are cooked!
- Turn the oven on to 400 degrees.
- Put the sliced almonds on a cutting board. Using a knife, make cuts on top until the almonds are chopped. Place them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven (even if the oven is not preheated yet). Let them cook until they are finely toasted. Then take them out of the oven to cool.
- In a medium bowl mix the extract, baking soda, applesauce, and sour cream. Mix well.
- Then stir in the splenda, flour, and the cooled chopped almonds.
- Spray 2 cookie sheets (I used the one I had toasted the almonds on) with cooking spray.
- Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls onto the sheets.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until they are just starting to brown on top and the bottoms are lightly brown.