This is a neat little recipe I found in a lower carb cookbook. These are soft little puffs with a light and crispy bottom. Don't make the mistake my 4 year old did, though. The batter is awful! Wait until they are cooked!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn the oven on to 400 degrees.
- 2Put the sliced almonds on a cutting board. Using a knife, make cuts on top until the almonds are chopped. Place them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven (even if the oven is not preheated yet). Let them cook until they are finely toasted. Then take them out of the oven to cool.
- 3In a medium bowl mix the extract, baking soda, applesauce, and sour cream. Mix well.
- 4Then stir in the splenda, flour, and the cooled chopped almonds.
- 5Spray 2 cookie sheets (I used the one I had toasted the almonds on) with cooking spray.
- 6Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls onto the sheets.
- 7Bake for about 8 minutes or until they are just starting to brown on top and the bottoms are lightly brown.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (10 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 20.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 24.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: