1/2 Photos of Almond Power Bar
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Elana's Pantry's Note:
These no bake, high-protein, high-fiber bars are based upon Melissa Diane Smith’s recipe for Amaretto Protein Bars in her book Going Against the Grain and are a cinch to make. The chocolate topping makes them seem a bit decadent (skip it if you must, they’ll still come out fine) – though dark chocolate, rich in anti-oxidants has now entered the echelon of power foods so I’ll keep it on mine. View the full recipe at http://www.elanaspantry.com/2008/02/01/power-bars/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups almonds (raw)
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal (flax seeds ground in a blender)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond butter (roasted tastes better)
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 drops stevia
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dagoba chocolate chips (chocodrops) (optional)
- 1Place almonds, flax meal, shredded coconut, almond butter and salt in a food processor.
- 2Pulse briefly, about 10 seconds.
- 3In a small sauce pan, melt coconut oil over very low heat,.
- 4Remove coconut oil from stove, stir stevia, agave and vanilla into oil.
- 5Add coconut oil mixture to food processor and pulse until ingredients form a coarse paste.
- 6Press mixture into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- 7Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens.
- 8In a small saucepan, melt chocodrops over very low heat, stirring continuously.
- 9Spread melted chocolate over bars; return to refrigerator for 30 minutes, until chocolate hardens.
- 10Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Power Bar
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.4
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 201.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: