1/2 Photos of Almond Pound Cake
Jenny Sanders's Note:
Very rich! One of my favourite cakes. This is good dressed up with frosting, served plain, or with fruit. I quadrupled this recipe, and baked it in two 9"x13" pans to make a cake for my father's 65th birthday party. Note: be sure the almonds are finely ground; if they seem somewhat coarse you should run them through the food processor until quite fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 2Butter and flour a loaf pan or small square pan (8"x8").
- 3Cream the butter and sugar.
- 4Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- 5Beat in the almond extract and the water.
- 6Stir together the flour, ground almonds and baking powder.
- 7Stir this into the wet ingredients.
- 8Pour evenly into the prepared pan.
- 9Bake for 45 minutes for a loaf pan.
- 10Bake for 50 minutes in the square pan, or in either case until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.2
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 115.5 mg
- Sodium 320.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 6.6 g