Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 1⁄2 ounces almond paste (not filling)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter and almond paste until fluffy.
- Add sugar, gradually add eggs, one at a time. Mix together flour, cornstarch and baking powder, then add flour mixture and milk alternately.
- Bake in greased 9x5 loaf pan for 1 hour.
- Double recipe for a bundt pan and bake 75 minute.
- Cool 10 min in pan, then turn out and cool completely.
- Serve with powdered sugar, orange glaze or chocolate glaze.
The taste of the cake was good. The cook time was longer than 50 minutes which made the outside a little hard.
Nice texture, not enough almond flavour