1/1 Photo of Almond Pork Tenderloin With Dried Cranberry-Apple Conserve
A great Cooking Light recipe. Was enjoyed by my bf ... who doesn't like pork!! :). I used "Panko" (which is Japanese breacrumbs).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
Dried Cranberry-Apple Conserve
- 2 cups dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup diced dried apple
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam or 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 2Combine the first 5 ingredients, cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- 3Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil, stirring mixture frequently. Add the fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in jam. Remove from heat, and cool to room temperature.
- 5Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 6Trim fat from pork. Combine breadcrumbs and next 4 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dip pork in egg whites; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place pork on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Insert a meat thermometer into thickest part of pork. Bake at 425F for 30 minutes or until thermometer registers 160 (slightly pink).
- 7Cover with foil, let stand 10 minutes.
- 8Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- 9Serve pork with Conserve.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Pork Tenderloin With Dried Cranberry-Apple Conserve
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.2
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 422.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar