Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Good, flaky delicate flavor. The poppyseed add a nice texture. It's not overly sweet. I decided to add the poppyseed and almond flavor to my shortbread cookies one day and was pleasantly surprised.
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened at room temperat
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Cream together the butter, sugar, cream cheese, poppyseed and almond extract.
- Add the flour and blend well.
- Roll the dough into balls and press down with the palm of your hand to desired size.
- The cookies will not spread.
- Place a sliced almond on top for accent.
- Bake at 350* for 15 minutes.
Delicious! Two of my favorites together - almond and poppyseed - is just heavenly. I was actually told that someone "almost lost a hand" in a fight over the batch I gave my friends!
Very easy to make, light, but crunchy and very good. My suggestion would be that you make a dozen larger cookies so that they could be dunked in milk.