Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had almond poppyseed muffins at a restaurant called Yoders in Shipshewana, In. a few years ago and they were the best muffins I've ever eaten. I searched on the internet and found this recipe. Not sure what site it came from. I hope you like them.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease, spray, or placed liners in muffin tins to hold 24 muffins.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, eggs, oil, and almond extract (you can add more or less almond extract to your taste); whisk until smooth.
- Gently stir in poppyseeds.
- Fill muffin tins and bake for 25- 30 minutes.
Aside from halfing it (with 2 eggs instead of 1.5), I made the recipe as stated...but used 1 teaspoon of the almond extract because it seemed like others were. I don't think I would have used less than that, knowing the flavor. What the recipe calls for would only give a tiny hint of almond. It ended up good and fluffy & I had 3--only planned to eat two--which suggests they were good and enticing. My favorite thing about this recipe is it only uses 1 bowl.
These were WONDERFUL! We only used 3/4 cup oil, 2 eggs and 2 1/2 teaspoons of extract. They were light, fluffy and flavorful just like a box mix. This recipe is now in my recipe box. We have 3 children ages 2, 4 & 7 and they all LOVED them as well!
I made a double recipe so I would have some to freeze. I used 2 cups of oil and 3 t. of almond extract. I made 26 muffins, a loaf of bread, and 4 jumbo muffins. These were very good. Thanks!