Recipe by Minnesota Wildflower
I usually try to stay away from recipes with box-ingredients because I'm not likely to have them on hand, but this cake is worth it. The butter-cinnamon-sugar crust is so yummy. I suppose you could frost or glaze it but I never do because it just doesn't need it. Everyone loves it just as it is.
Top Review by PalatablePastime
I thought this cake was supremely moist and had a good flavor, but for a cake I probably would have liked a drizzled glaze or something to give it that "over-the-top" extra richness that I would serve to guests rather than having this as something the family and kids love to snack on. Otherwise this cake was wonderful, and I would happily make this again, just with a glaze. Thank you.
- 1 (18 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heavily butter a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle a liberal amount in the pan so it sticks to the butter.
- Combine all cake ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into bundt pan and bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes.
- Invert pan on a funnel or bottle and let it cool about five minutes; remove the cake from the pan and cool on a wire rack.