Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My husband's favorite breakfast quick bread. When I'm in a hurry, I put the batter in muffin tins and reduce the baking time. Eitherway, it is quick and easy to whip up because you just put everything in a bowl and then mix.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured (or well sprayed) loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until test done with toothpick.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely.
- Note: if I can't find the butter flavoring I just use 2 teaspoons of each of the other flavorings.
This is wonderful .. I did not have butter flavoring so I decided to use butter instead of oil .. The batter was somewhat dry (probably because of the butter) so I added a bit more milk .. It is excellent and freezes well .. I will be making this again, thanks!
Great almond bread. I ran out of poppy seeds but made as written. So moist and wonderful flavors.
This is very good! I didn't have any Butter flavoring but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. My family loved this for breakfast and after school snacks. Thank you for sharing your recipe.