- 3 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter flavoring or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons additional vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, milk, oil, extracts and butter flavoring.
- Combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt; add to the egg mixture and mix just until combined.
- Spread into a greased 15 x 10 x 1" baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Frost bars.