Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- Position oven racks in top and bottom third of oven.
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the almond paste until it smooths out a little with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add half the egg whites and beat until smooth.
- On low speed, beat constantly while gradually adding sifted powder sugar.
- Continue until all sugar is incorporated.
- Add remaining egg whites and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag with a 1/2" pastry tip and pipe 1-1/2" rounds onto parchment papered cookie sheets, keeping cookies 1" apart.
- Sprinkle each cookie with pine nuts.
- Bake for 45 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Remove cookies to a rack and let cool completely before removing them from the parchment paper.
- Store in an airtight container.