Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this from a cookbook awhile back, now I've forgotten which one.
- 354.88 ml uncooked regular long grain rice
- 1 medium onion (chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 59.14 ml margarine (1/2 stick) or 59.14 ml butter (1/2 stick)
- 2.46 ml ground allspice
- 2.46 ml ground turmeric
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml curry powder
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 709.77 ml hot chicken broth
- 59.14 ml blanched slivered almond
- Heat oven to 350º. Cook rice and onion in margarine in 10-inch skillet,.
- stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Stir in allspice, turmeric,.
- salt, curry powder and pepper.
- Place in ungreased 2-quart casserole. Stir.
- in broth.
- Cover and bake about 40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in almonds.