Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this from a cookbook awhile back, now I've forgotten which one.
Make and share this Almond Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked regular long grain rice
- 1 medium onion (chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (1/2 stick) or 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup blanched slivered almond
- Heat oven to 350º. Cook rice and onion in margarine in 10-inch skillet,.
- stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Stir in allspice, turmeric,.
- salt, curry powder and pepper.
- Place in ungreased 2-quart casserole. Stir.
- in broth.
- Cover and bake about 40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in almonds.