Recipe by Kitchen Queen
Sweet, buttery and decadent. Not for diabetics or dieters! Fool proof recipe and delicious results---what more can you ask for???
Top Review by Soup Queen
Wow, these are incredible! My modifications: I browned the butter for the crust, toasted the almonds, used only 1-1/2 cups of sugar and replaced the corn syrup with honey. I will definitely be making these again and again. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup almonds, sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together the ingredients for the base.
- Use enough flour so the mixture is crumbly but not dusty.
- Press into 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Beat together the ingredients for the topping and spread evenly over the base.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until deeply golden and set.
- Chill completely before cutting.
- This keeps best in the refrigerator.