Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 1⁄2 ounces ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- confectioners' sugar, for garnish
- creme fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the almonds, baking powder, flour, and graham cracker crumbs.
- In another small bowl, mix the butter and 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- Stir the almond mixture into the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour the mixture into the pie plate and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While the pie is baking, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar with the 1/2 cup cold water in a saucepan and simmer until the syrup is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Pour the syrup over the hot pie when the pie comes out of the oven.
- Sift the confectioners' sugar over the top.
- May be served with crème fraîche.