Recipe by ladypit
On a cold icy day I felt like baking but was limited by what I had in the house. With a few tweaks to some old stand-by recipes, this was created. And going by how quickly it was devoured, it is pretty good. This requires only 1 pie crust (not a top and a bottom) but I had trouble getting that into the system.
- pie crust, for 1 pie
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pie crust into the pie pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs lightly. Add the corn syrup and the brown sugar and mix well.
- Melt the butter and add it to the syrup mixture. Then add the vanilla and mix well.
- Add the almonds and stir until all is mixed.
- Pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until set.
- Let cool before serving.