Recipe by Tisme
I got this recipe from a bag of Lucky nuts. Spaghetti or fettuccine pasta is best. Reserved pasta water can be substituted for cream if prefered.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Wow, so good!!! I love peas and really liked the idea of pea pesto, I made it with basil since I have lots in the garden, but would certainly enjoy trying it with mint as well, such a good combo, peas and mint. I kept the pesto a little bit chunky instead of completely smooth.I also used the cream, despite my spreading waistline, lol! This was really good.. sorry the photo is so GREEN, lol, what can I say, it's a green dish...:D Loved it Tisme, thank you!!!! Made for P-A-R-T-Y! tag!
- 500 g pasta
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- finely shredded parmesan cheese
Almond Pea Pesto Ingredients
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup lucky blanched almond
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup firmly packed mint or 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in plenty of boiling water until al dente. Drain, reserving pasta water if to be used instead of cream.
- Pour boiling water over peas to thaw and drain, place thawed peas with almonds and garlic in food processor and blend coarsely. Scrape down bowl sides, add oil, herbs and salt & blend gain to a medium thick paste. Season well with pepper.
- Spoon into saucepan with pasta & toss over medium heat, adding pasta water or cream, until heated through.
- Serve with topped with parmesan cheese.