Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adapted this from vegancoach.com. Simplified it, reduced the portion size and the oil content. Delicious, simple flavors that work amazingly well together. For such a simple dish, this is a very elegant, pretty, and tasty dish. My family scarfed it down.
- 453.59 g green beans (ends trimmed)
- 7.39 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced long but very thinly)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml slivered almonds
- 1. Steam green beans for about 10 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water.
- 2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, add pepper and onion, saute until onions and peppers start to soften.
- 3. Add butter to skillet.
- 4. Once butter is melted, add green beans to the pot, mix ingredients well, and heat through (5-10 minutes). Sprinkle in the almonds and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Yum! Nice, tasty side dish. I added some garlic. We love garlic with most everything.
This is beautiful! I halved the recipe, and decreased the onion and red pepper down to 1/4, as I felt they would overpower the green beans. Maybe they grow onions and bell peppers larger here....but everything seemed to be in perfect proportion. This is delicious as posted, but I will toast the almonds next time to bring out their flavor. Thanks for sharing!
A delicious way to "fancy-up" green beans. I also liked that there was no added salt, pepper, etc. Just the flavor of the vegies shining through.