Recipe by Jujubegirl
I adapted this from vegancoach.com. Simplified it, reduced the portion size and the oil content. Delicious, simple flavors that work amazingly well together. For such a simple dish, this is a very elegant, pretty, and tasty dish. My family scarfed it down.
- 1 lb green beans (ends trimmed)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced long but very thinly)
- 1⁄2 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Steam green beans for about 10 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water.
- 2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, add pepper and onion, saute until onions and peppers start to soften.
- 3. Add butter to skillet.
- 4. Once butter is melted, add green beans to the pot, mix ingredients well, and heat through (5-10 minutes). Sprinkle in the almonds and season to taste with salt and pepper.