Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a simple Pecan pie with added crunch
Make and share this Almond Pecan Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- To prepare homemade pie crust, place flour in mixing bowl; add butter and cut in with pastry blender. Add salt and then add COLD water 1 Tablespoon at a time. Mix and toss ingredients together with a fork until dough ball forms. Place in plastic wrap or Ziploc baggie and put into the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- To prepare filling, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, maple syrup, melted butter, vanill and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the pecans and sliced almonds.
- Once filling is prepared, take the dough ball from the fridge and place on lightly floured surface. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the crust dough into a circle at least 12 inches in diameter and gently fold pie crust into quarters. Move the folded pie crust from the counter to the pie plate. Unfold in the pie plate. Pour filling into pie shell. Flute edges in your favorite design.
- Place pie crust shield over the top or use foil to make a shield to keep the crust edges from burning or turning dark brown while baking.
- Bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes, or until filling has set.
- Let cool completely on cooling rack. Refrigerate. It’s easiest to slice pie when its cold!
- Serve cool with whipped cream or warm with vanilla bean ice cream. You’ll have to imagine the dollop of whipped cream.