1/3 Photos of Almond-Pecan Brittle
From Country Fair food and crafts and one of my Christmas Gift Basket recipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place almonds and pecans on a baking tray and bake at 180 degrees C for 5 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- 2Place sugar, brown sugar, golden syrup and water in a heavy-based sauce pan and cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 3Add butter, bring to the boil and boil, without stirring, until mixture reaches hard crack stage (when the syrup is dropped into iced water it separates into threads which become hard and brittle) or 150 C on a sugar thermometer.
- 4Stir in bicarbonate of soda and toasted nuts.
- 5Pour into a lightly oiled 23 cm cake tin.
- 6When almost set, cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond-Pecan Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.5
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 35.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g