Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I took a regular cobbler recipe and mixed it up by replacing 2/3 of the regular flour with almond flour and subbing half of the sugar for splenda. I also leave out any sugar in the fruit since pears are a very naturally sweet fruit. Turns out great every time.
- Slice peaches. Peel if desired.
- Take a glass baking dish and melt butter into the bottom of it.
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Add skim milk to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into baking dish but do not stir.
- Drop pears onto batter. While baking the batter will rise up around the fruit.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- The combination of the whole wheat and almond flour gives it a slight almond flavor and a very interesting consistency. I've also used coconut flour and it was very good as well.
- Of course if you are Celiac or medically intolerant of gluten, you can use it with rice flour or just go all almond or coconut.