Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 4 ripe pears, peeled,cored,and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sliced blanched almond
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Butter a 10 inch deep dish pie pan (1 quart capacity).
- In a bowl, toss the pears with the lemon juice.
- Spread pears evenly in pie pan.
- In a blender, grind 1/2 cup of the almonds until finely ground.
- Add milk, 6 tablespoons butter, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Blend mixture until smooth.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Stir in the milk mixture, until the batter is well combined.
- Pour the batter over the pears.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter over the batter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1/3 cup of almonds.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.