Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a DELICIOUS recipe I found in Complete Italian Cooking by Sonja Grey. The book says that these are a specialty of the Piedmont region in the north of italy.
- 4 large firm peaches, halved and pitted
- 6 amaretti cookies, crushed
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, finely grated
- sliced almonds (optional)
- light cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop a little flesh from center of each peach half, and put in a bowl.
- Add the cookie crumbs, sugar, and 2 Tablespoons softened butter, yolk, lemon rind; beat until smooth.
- Divide the mixture among the peach halves, evenly-- shaping the mixture into a'mound' shape.
- Top with flaked almonds if you desire to, and dot with remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Arrange in a buttered ovenproof dish and bake for 25-35 mins.
- Serve warm or cold with light cream.
This great recipe was so easy! I crushed the cookie crumbs in the processor, and just mixed the rest of the filling ingredients in the processor, too. Done in a jif. We decided to use vanilla ice cream instead of the light cream. YUMM. Very tasty, special dessert.
We had this with vanilla ice cream and it was extremely nice! I haven't used amaretti biscuits before and found it hard to stop eating them! Easy quick and very classy desert, thanks for posting!
This recipe is worthy of 10 stars!! It was delicious and so easy. I did what another reviewer suggested and did it all in the food processor....simple!! Thanks for a well written and easy to follow recipe!