Recipe by love4culinary
This is a DELICIOUS recipe I found in Complete Italian Cooking by Sonja Grey. The book says that these are a specialty of the Piedmont region in the north of italy.
Top Review by PanNan
This great recipe was so easy! I crushed the cookie crumbs in the processor, and just mixed the rest of the filling ingredients in the processor, too. Done in a jif. We decided to use vanilla ice cream instead of the light cream. YUMM. Very tasty, special dessert.
- 4 large firm peaches, halved and pitted
- 6 amaretti cookies, crushed
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, finely grated
- sliced almonds (optional)
- light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop a little flesh from center of each peach half, and put in a bowl.
- Add the cookie crumbs, sugar, and 2 Tablespoons softened butter, yolk, lemon rind; beat until smooth.
- Divide the mixture among the peach halves, evenly-- shaping the mixture into a'mound' shape.
- Top with flaked almonds if you desire to, and dot with remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Arrange in a buttered ovenproof dish and bake for 25-35 mins.
- Serve warm or cold with light cream.