Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that I found at a bed and breakfast. It's very tasty--great for guests.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups peach yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F Measure and sift the dry ingredients except for the sugar into a large bowl.
- Lightly beat eggs in another bowl. Add oil and sugar to the eggs and blend well. Mix in the yogurt and almond extract.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients; add nuts and mix until just combined.
- Pour into 2 well-greased loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour.
The peach yougurt made the batter a lovely color,but not much flavor.The bread is very 'almondy,'which isn't a bad thing,but I would have liked the peach flavor to come out a bit more.