- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons almond extract
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and almond extract and stir well. Set aside.
- In large mixer mix, mix butter, cream cheese, flour, baking powder, and salt. Low speed until dough forms. Knead on floured surface until smooth.
- Divide in half. Roll first half into large rectangle. Sprinkle with 3 T sugar mixture. Fold in thirds, rotate 1/4 turn. Roll out and repeat 2 more times. Roll out a third time and cut into 36 cookies - 12x3.
- Ungreased cookie sheet, 400 degrees, 8-9 minutes.