Recipe by Linorama
Decadent! Starting with refrigerater crescent rolls makes this incredibly easy, but no one would ever guess. Whenever I take it somewhere I have started taking the recipe along, because people always ask for it. In fact, that's how I got it too!
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg, separated
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons almond extract (don't use imitation)
- 1 (2 ounce) package sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Unroll 1 package of crescent rolls across the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- (4 rectangles fit across the short way.) Press or stretch lightly to fit, and pinch perforations together to seal.
- Mix cream cheese, egg yolk, almond extract and sugar.
- Spread over 1st layer.
- Unroll 2nd package of crescent rolls and stretch to fit over the top.
- Slightly beat egg white and brush on top layer of crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar, then sliced almonds.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, till golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting.