Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Decadent! Starting with refrigerater crescent rolls makes this incredibly easy, but no one would ever guess. Whenever I take it somewhere I have started taking the recipe along, because people always ask for it. In fact, that's how I got it too!
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg, separated
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons almond extract (don't use imitation)
- 1 (2 ounce) package sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Unroll 1 package of crescent rolls across the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- (4 rectangles fit across the short way.) Press or stretch lightly to fit, and pinch perforations together to seal.
- Mix cream cheese, egg yolk, almond extract and sugar.
- Spread over 1st layer.
- Unroll 2nd package of crescent rolls and stretch to fit over the top.
- Slightly beat egg white and brush on top layer of crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar, then sliced almonds.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, till golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Definitely added to my list. Tried it out at Camp and boy was this recipe ever requested. Easy, tasty and impressive in appearance. Good job!
These are absolutely wonderful! So easy to make (and who would have ever guessed they start out with crescent rolls). This is a great recipe when you need to come up with a desert on short notice. Thank you so much for sharing these, Linorama. :-)
So easy and an instant hit at our house. I thought about making an almond icing to go on top but changed my mind because I was feeling lazy. It was great without but also would have been good with.