Kim D.'s Note:
You can make special varieties with different flavors by replacing all or some of the almonds with hazelnuts, peanuts, or walnuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the almonds in a food processor and process until very finely ground.
- 2Using a wooden spoon, mix the confectioner's sugar with the ground almonds until they are completely blended.
- 3In a separate bowl, break the eggs and beat until they are frothy.
- 4Pour them into the sugar and almond mixture.
- 5Work the mixture using a clean odor-free wooden spoon or a spatula first and then using your hands until it comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- 6Almond paste can be held for several days when wrapped in plastic film and stored in the refrigerator.
- 7Notes: The proportion of the ingredients can be modified according to the end result that you wish to achieve; for example, you can use double the amount of sugar in respect to the almonds to obtain a sweeter and denser paste.
- 8You don't necessarily have to use confectioner's sugar, which makes for a very smooth paste.
- 9You can use ordinary sugar to obtain a more granular effect.
- 10Eggs: The function of this ingredient is to bind the sugar and the almonds.
- 11If you use only egg whites, you will obtain a soft paste, while whole eggs give a more medium-textured paste.
- 12Almond paste made with egg yolks is thick and compact.
- 13When you are mixing the almond paste, the egg should be added gradually, with a small amount of orange flower water.
- 14If you see that the paste is becoming too wet, you can keep back some of the eggs.
- 15Mixing almond paste: Be careful not to handle the mixture for too long: if almonds get too hot, they tend to give out their oil, and the paste will turn out greasy.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for ALMOND PASTE - Make your own
Serving Size: 1 (1100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2256.0
- Calories from Fat 1099
- Total Fat 122.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 188.0 mg
- Sodium 818.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 264.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.2 g
- Sugars 228.3 g
- Protein 54.7 g