Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Making almond paste is so simple and to me it tastes fresher than any you can buy
- 8 ounces almonds, blanched and very finely ground (grind them twice)
- 8 ounces icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- Grind your almonds.
- In the second grinding add the sugar.
- Gradually add your egg white working the mixture vigorously.
- Use dough hook in mixer or knead on a pastry board.
- The mixture should be firm& smooth when ready.
I'm so happy to have this recipe and thankyou for sharing it!
Bergy, you saved me a fortune!!! I can make twice as much almond paste at half the cost of a four ounce tube! I stumbled upon this recipe accendently----a happy surprise!
Can't stop eating this easy, tasty almond paste, though I'm supposed to be saving it for a recipe (Lemon Blueberry Upside-Down Cake from "Bon Appetit", which I found from the Couldn't be Pareve blog). Delicious and authentic. Agree with a previous reviewer - if you want a really vibrant shot of almond in a recipe, add a touch of extract to the mix. I may do that next time, but for now, it's wonderful!